There's a lot going on this week! I can't stress enough to please check blog and twitter daily, or at least several times a week. Not only are you informed, but it's the next best thing to being a fly on the wall in our classroom!
What a busy day we had today, whew! Parents, I just wish you could hear some of the conversations going on during the Mystery Skypes in our class. It was a little loud today, so I walked around to ask students to turn down the volume. I couldn't do it, all of those talking were discussing their maps and
strategizing! They are having discussions such as "It can't be that state because they told us that it doesn't border Canada", "Let's ask them if they border W. Virginia, if they do then it would have to be Ohio, if it doesn't, then it has to be Florida", "Mrs. McCrorey, we have now Skyped with all of the 4 corner states", and I could go on and on.
Just a reminder that we will be checking out books for the last time tomorrow, so students need to bring books. I think all library books that have been lost in our classroom have been found and returned!
I have started a sign-out system in the classroom for students that borrow books from me to take home. Please help me out by making sure that the borrowed books are taken care of and returned. Let me know if you don't want your child to bring home books! This class has done a wonderful job this year, but last year a lot of books were lost. This should help us all keep up with our books!
Students are doing an awesome job with goals. Over half of the class has already achieved AR goals! Way to go! Remember that AR, IXL, and Raz can be worked on at home. There are also great links on the blog for practicing math facts.
Tuesday, May 13, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment