Blogger Templates

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Living History Museum

Frida Kahlo, famous artist
Each year the 3rd graders at South present a Living History Museum. It is a monumental task to take on, but I have to say they nailed it this year. We took a little time each day to visit the museum, so we could see what we have to live up to next year. Each 3rd grade student chooses a historical person to research and report on. They present this person by becoming the character, collecting artifacts, putting together a keynote on their macbooks, and delivering an oral report as visitors stop by to learn about the famous person. Wow, what a great job they did. I was so impressed by their knowledge. Our class really enjoyed the museum. I had the opportunity to see each of my students from last year, and I was remarkably proud! I'm sharing a few pictures and adding a link on the side showing most of my former students. Enjoy!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment