![]() |
| Most of these shoes won't fit ANY of us! |
![]() |
| This shoe is pretty, but not a goodfit for school! |
fit, we just need to choose the right time to wear them! Well, books need to fit as well. We spent time talking about how we should choose books that are right for us. The main reasons to choose a book:
1. Does it interest me?
2. Will I understand what I'm reading?
3. Is it too hard or too easy?
All of these reasons are VERY important. You will hear me say this more than one time, I believe in reading for enjoyment! Your child is NOT going to want to read if it isn't fun. I'm going to make it fun and help everyone learn to have a great time reading. Your child may read books below his/her level IF those are not the only books he/she reads. Usually, books that are too easy will get boring and children end up choosing what's right for them. The same goes for books that are too hard. Sometimes it's a matter of finding books that interest us. I can help with that if it's a problem! Let me know.
We worked on selecting books for our book boxes today.
Students were making great choices and had a fun time picking them out. I let them know that I have a little problem, I LOVE books and just can't stop getting more!!! The good part about that is, there is something for everyone. Tomorrow we will start
working on reading stamina! That will be a big goal for us this year in preparing for 3rd grade (I know, right?)!




No comments:
Post a Comment