Blogger Templates

Monday, September 1, 2014

The First Week Was a Great One . . .

The first week was a great one! We are learning the routines of 2nd grade and will continue to do so in the upcoming week. Parents, thanks so much for filling out the surveys. It has given me so much insight into the students and how I will approach their learning. We started our Kevin Henkes author study and read one of my favorite books in the whole world, Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse.
I love it more every time I read it. I just love Lilly! The kids really enjoyed the book and each designed their own Lilly's to go on the cover of the lap books that we'll be making during the author study. We also started reading a read aloud chapter book by Kevin Henkes, The Year of Billy Miller. It's going to be interesting to learn about Kevin Henkes and the way he writes picture books as compared to novels. We're loving Billy Miller so far. He's in 2nd grade, so it's fun identifying with his character. We will dig deeper into our own writing in the upcoming week. Kevin Henkes' books will be a mentors to our class of young writiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment