Blogger Templates

Thursday, February 5, 2015

100th Day of School . . .

It was an action packed day in our class and at South! We're
going to have to have some 101 day activities tomorrow, because we didn't finish with our 100 day activities! We're working on writing about "When I'm 100 . . . " Check below to read some of the things that we'll be doing when we're 100. We also took pictures and used an app called "Old Booth" to make ourselves look
old, around 100 years old. I'll make a page with all of my old students, so click on the tab to see everyone! How much space do you think 100 drops of water will take up in a jar? Well, we know! We began by making predictions. Next, we used droppers to put 100 drops in the jars. I was surprised at how close so many of the predictions were to the actual results! South has an annual charity event on the 100th day, the Red Cross Penny Quilt. It's fun as well as making a donation for a great cause. We even managed to have a Mystery Skype with Arkansas! Ummmm . . . did I mention that it was a busy day!


When I'm 100 I'll . . . 

  • read by the fireplace at night right after eating a chicken dinner
  • invite my grandkids over for a sleepover
  • knit in my rocking chair on the front porch
  • sit in my rocking chair and knit a scarf
  • sit by the fire watching my grandson play football for NC State (on TV)
  • sit by the fire reading The One and Only Ivan
  • I'll do almost nothing.
  • let my grandchildren play with my dogs
  • I'll get up and say, "I wonder what I will do today!".
 













Here are a few of our "old selves".  Click on the "100 Years Old" page to see everyone! We got a LOT of laughs out of these!


No comments:

Post a Comment