
Tony and Hritish had earned their 10 point stars for Accelerated Reading! Out of the first three 2nd graders to earn 10 points, two were in our class! We are so proud of them. Actually, when looking at totals, I think that I will see that they are both up to 15 points now. Look forward to seeing this information next week. Also, you should be on the lookout for some 5 point star students. Everyone in the class is capable of doing this! All instructions on choosing books are on the blog. Just look for the AR information. Okay, here's the deal, students must read for a minimum of 15 minutes 5 nights a week. I see no reason that a student should not be able to earn 1 point per week, possibly more. Let's see, what else is earned by doing this? Becoming a BETTER READER. This looks to be a WIN, WIN situation! I am happy to help students pick out books that are a good fit! Some students have learned the hard way not to choose books that are too difficult. Other things learned have been that you must actually READ the book to take a test, if not, most likely no points will be earned. Another lesson, if the book was previously read, it is crucial to read the book again. In most cases students fail the AR test if the book is not reread. Parents, please let me know if you have any questions!

No comments:
Post a Comment