I will be sending home a letter on Monday about our Accelerated Reading (AR) program. Second grade is "officially" starting next week. Students will have a quarterly point goal. Our class has been using AR for about 5-6 weeks. I wanted students to know how the program works, how to take quizzes, choose books, etc. We are good to go! In talking with parents during conferences, I told some about an app for smart phones (ipod touch, also) that is very helpful. The app displays a scanner which will indicate whether a book is an AR book. If the book is an AR book, Bookscanner will find the reading level, interest level, quiz number, and word count of a book. I'm including a picture of the Bookscanner information. It is $1.99. Another way to find this information is by going to the site www.arbookfind.com. Type in the title of the book, and the site will indicate whether the book is an AR book and give you the information you need.
Friday, November 1, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment