Has your child talked about Pirate Math? This is a math program that we implemented last year that I just love. Word problems have always been difficult for most children. Pirate Math teachers the students what to look for in a word problem, which leads the students to solve the problems successfully. We are in the beginning stages now, mainly working on the fact process. I will be sending info home as needed for your child to use when working on homework problems. Another aspect of the program is that students work together as partners to solve problems, Pirate Partners. Here are some Pirate Partners working out math problems. One group gets chosen as "Pirate Partners of the Day".
Saturday, October 6, 2012
Pirate Math
Has your child talked about Pirate Math? This is a math program that we implemented last year that I just love. Word problems have always been difficult for most children. Pirate Math teachers the students what to look for in a word problem, which leads the students to solve the problems successfully. We are in the beginning stages now, mainly working on the fact process. I will be sending info home as needed for your child to use when working on homework problems. Another aspect of the program is that students work together as partners to solve problems, Pirate Partners. Here are some Pirate Partners working out math problems. One group gets chosen as "Pirate Partners of the Day".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment